Wednesday, August 26, 2009

So we talked..

Finally I let it all out last night.. in a very calm a rational way- which is much harder to do than it sounds.
We were eating sandwiches wheni blurt out...
Me: Do you think it's innappropriate to have BM at Thanksgiving?
H:Why?
Me:Well, it's our first thanksgiving and it's my family and your family- don't you think it might be weird?
H:Well, I never thought it was weird before- will your family think it's weird.
Me: No, they will be okay.. I think it's weird..
And so I go on about how I felt like he was putting her feelings in front of mine, and if the tables were turned he would want to be informed of things like this- not just have me decide them without talking to him first. Then I told him If we are doing this- starting this life together- i need to know these things, because it's not just you anymore, it's me too, and i need to be the one involved in decision making too. It's not even that I don't want her to come, I was more upset about the lack of communicating. Like him hiring her.
So... after only two tears creeping out of my eyes, he told me he was sorry, and that I'm such an easy going person, that he hadn't thought about talking to me about it. He told me he would def keep me involved when things like this came up, and that he didn't mean to hurt me but he def sees my point 100%.


He's great.. a little lost sometimes.. but great.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! You guys are destined to have a great marriage if you start out communicating so well!!! So glad for you :)

    ReplyDelete