Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm back!

First off, sorry i was MIA for so long.
Secondly- things are much better. Much Much better. I took your advice and had a sit down, all out talk with my fiance. I told him what I'm afraid of, concerning money, baby mama, etc, etc. He's very good at calming me down.
But it was actually his mom who helped me out the most. She and I have a very good relationship and pretty much she told me to Suck it up, let him know, and fix the problem- she's really good at giving a swift kick in the ass.
So things have been better, baby mama went to colorado again for another 10 days, which helps me bond with baby. she and I had a great time, but the last night we had her- baby had a meltdown, and I was the only one home with her, and I couldn't console her. Nothing I did made her feel better, and she was screaming for her mama. screaming, for an hour and a half. all she wanted to do was be held. It made me sad. When hubby finally got home, I was telling him about it and I started to tear up. I told him I couldn't make her feel better, and I felt bad about it. I ended up bribing her with princess fruit snacks- and she calmed down after a while.
So as I'm telling him how I couldn't calm her down, and how she missed her mom so much, she runs into the room and shouts- My Ana mommy! okay?
Generally she calls me just "Ana"- not Ana Mommy.. and I broke down, but this time from happiness.

2 comments:

  1. Take a mental picture of that moment so you never forget it! You'll need that memory when times get tough!
    Sweet post, thanks for sharing.
    And, something for ya over on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sweet. One of my stepdaughters is 4, but I met her when she was a tiny baby. It is natural for children that young to want their mother, even if that mother is not especially cut out for the job. I don't take it personally. It is easier said than done though, and I can understand why it upset you or hurt your feelings. Just love her, be honest with her, and keep doing what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete